Sunday, September 4, 2011

Tender Honey Glazed Beef Short Ribs with Beetroot Puree and Broccoli


Yesterday I saw some amazing short ribs at Jusco and thought it would make the perfect birthday lunch paired with broccoli spears and a sweet beetroot puree. The broccoli and beetroot in the organic veg section looked super fresh and I knew they would add great flavors on the plate.

I marinated the ribs overnight with all-organic ingredients: 2 T honey, 1/2 t chilli powder, 1/2 t cracked black pepper, 2 T balsamic vinegar, sprinkling sea salt, 1 clove minced garlic, 1 T extra virgin olive oil.

This morning I laid the ribs on a glass pie dish, added 3 T water, covered with aluminium foil and oven-baked for 1.5 hr till nearly falling off the bone. Tender! I basted the ribs with the reduced sauce to keep them moist and juicy. 15 minutes before the ribs were done, I boiled the beetroot till fork tender, and blanched the broccoli spears till just cooked but not mushy. I pureed the beetroot and seasoned with a little salt and pepper.

To serve, I smeared the puree on the plate, laid the broccoli on top, plonked down a rib and spooned over some sauce. Delish!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you! Please leave a comment!