1 lb spicy sausage
1 lb regular sausage
1 T maple syrup
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
handful broccoli florets
1 potato 18 eggs
3 cups milk
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp Worchestershire sauce
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 cup shredded cheddar
Bacon if desired (why not?)
- Start by cooking the sausage till nicely brown. Set aside to cool.
- Cut/cube all the vegetables about 1/4 to 1/2 inch dice.
- Slice the potato thinly and use that to cover the bottom of a 8 x 12 " generously buttered casserole dish.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, mustard, Worchestershire sauce, salt, black pepper.
- Assemble the casserole by spreading the vegetables over the potato slices. Then layer on the sausage, covering the vegetables as much as possible. Press down on the sausage - it will hold the vegetables down and prevent them from floating up too much. Gently pour over the egg mixture. Then sprinkle over the cheese. Cover with aluminium foil.
- At this point you can stick it into the fridge for baking the next day (add 20 minutes to baking time), or right into the oven for 50 minutes at 350 deg F. Remove the foil tent to allow the cheese to brown, at about the 30 minute mark.
- Sprinkle over bacon to serve.